On Saturday, August 16, Progress North Carolina and NC Policy Watch hosted an afternoon seminar to help established bloggers sharpen their skills and build their networks, and show prospective bloggers what they need to get started.
It was a great afternoon with guest speakers such as Rob Schofield of Policy Watch, Thomas Mills of PoliticsNC, and government watchdog Greg Flynn talking about what makes a political blog successful, and sharing some best practices for finding and following a good story.
Gerrick Brenner of Progress NC talks to the group about the importance of blogs, especially in areas without traditional media.
Thomas Mills of Politics NC and Greg Flynn talk about how to follow a story.
Topics this time included:
- What Just Happened? The “short” session and election 2014
- Building and maintaining a blog that will best reach your audience
- A look at the other guys, from Civitas down to the Twitter trolls
- Finding and Following a Good Story: Don’t just comment on the news cycle… Capture it!
- Reaching your audience and driving home your message
We're planning to have more Engage Carolina events across the state. Sign up below for Engage Carolina updates and be the first to know about our next event!