Paid Digital Communications Internship with Progress North Carolina
Are you a progressive interested in learning more about social media management, online advocacy and digital engagement? Then this is the internship for you..
Progress NC / Progress NC Action is seeking interns willing to commit 10-20 hours per week helping manage the digital communications (social, email, website) for one of the largest progressive organizations in North Carolina. Interns will be paid $10 an hour.
Duties will include:
- Managing Facebook and Twitter accounts in order to grow our audience and foster an online community.
- Drafting content for our organization’ main website
- Creating graphics/visuals for social media and online advocacy campaigns
- Helping draft and manage email communications for an 80k+ subscriber list
- Assisting the Digital Director in various tasks including: microsite development, creation of online ad campaigns, etc.
- Assist the Communications Director in various tasks including: outreach, event organizing, etc.
We want this to be a fun experience that will allow you to gain skills for future employment. Some of the things you’ll have an opportunity to learn and experiment with will include:
- Social Media management for an organization
- Creation and deployment of digital advertising campaigns
- Website management using a CMS (Content management system)
- Management of a full featured CRM (Customer relationship management)
- Planning and execution of an email program for an organization
- Planning and implementing A/B Tests for email and website content
- Process of microsite development from concept to launch
- Online graphic design and/or video creation
- Be passionate about progressive policies and causes
- Hard working and able to work independently with direction
- Have some experience with social media and/or online communications (personal use counts!)
Ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Experience with a CMS (wordpress, etc)
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience in social media or email management for an organization
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience in or familiarity with news media
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Digital Internship". Application deadline for fall 2017 internships is August 21.