Paid Digital Communications Internship with Progress North Carolina
Are you interested to get involved in progressive politics and learn more about social media management, online advocacy and digital engagement?
Then this is the internship for you.
Progress North Carolina seeks interns willing to commit 10-20 hours per week to help manage digital communications (social, email, website) for one of the largest progressive advocacy organizations in North Carolina. Interns will be paid $10 an hour. This is a telecommuting position with some travel.
Duties will include assisting the Digital Director with:
- Social media management in order to grow our audience and foster an online community.
- Drafting content for our organization’s websites
- Creating graphics/visuals for social media and online advocacy campaigns
- Helping draft and manage email communications for an 80k+ subscriber list
- Management and analysis of social media engagement data
- Various tasks including outreach, event organizing, etc.
This is a great opportunity and fun experience for the right students interested in a progressive future for our state and nation. Some of the areas you will have an opportunity to learn and experiment with will include:
- Creation of digital advertising campaigns
- Website management using a CMS (Content management system)
- Management of a full-featured CRM (Customer relationship management)
- Planning and implementing A/B Testing
- Process of microsite development from concept to launch
- Online graphic design and/or video creation
- Event organizing and community development
- Be passionate, curious, and knowledgeable about progressive policies and causes
- Hard working and able to work independently with direction
- Have some experience with social media and/or online communications (personal use counts!)
- Have reliable internet access
- Have reliable transportation for weekly meetings
Ideal candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Experience with a CMS (wordpress, etc)
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience in social media or email management for an organization
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience in or familiarity with news media
- Experience working remotely
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Digital Internship". Application deadline for spring 2018 internships is February 3rd.
Progress North Carolina is committed to creating a dynamic, multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Progress NC is an equal opportunity employer.